Sunday, August 17, 2008

BROWN BEAR BASH AND SUNNY SPRINT

I was in a race today to celebrate Sunny who has brain cancer. I got to meet her. She was in a wheelchair also.

When we got in the ocean the water was cold. I don't like the ocean. A big wave got in my face and I swallowed water. It tasted bad. I don't want to swim in the ocean anymore. We had to swim to the third buoy and I swam on my mom's back. She got tired swimming with me.

After we swam I did a one mile run in my wheelchair. I got hot and tired but I had fun. Sunny went in her wheelchair for the race too.

In the top photo is me and Sunny is in the other wheelchair. Brown Bear is pushing Sunny.

In the middle photo I am going through the Kona Inn Shopping Center on my way out to the run turn around.

The last picture is at the one mile turn around.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Rebecca, I think it is so wonderful that you did the brown Bear and Sunny swim and run. I am sure it means alot to Sunny that you were there. I have tasted the ocean before too and I didn't like it either. But I have never swam as far as you have, so congratualtions!!

Randy said...

Hi Rebecca, Hope you had fun swimming tonight.
Love Dad

Debbie said...

Hi Sweetie, Hope you all have a super great time at the zoo. I have never been to the San Diego Zoo but I have heard so much about it, Can't wait to see your pictures.