Monday, October 6, 2008

V IS FOR VOLUNTEERING

Today my dad and I volunteered at Ironman to help put together goody bags for the athletes. Last Friday my mom and I helped put together all the Ironman number packets. It was pretty fun working with al the other volunteers. We made a game out of putting the packets together.

The volunteers are all really nice and I'm sure the athletes appreciate what all the volunteers do so Ironman can happen.


Photos:
Top: Look at all those luggage tags. This is one of the items the athletes will get in their goody bag.



Middle: Volunteers line up at one of the tables carrying goody bags to be filled.


Bottom: All those race packets are what my mom and I and other volunteers did Friday. 1824 of them.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE PEOPLE RACING SATURDAY.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Good job Rebecca, People that do this kind of stuff very often get over looked. That looks like alot of work. Just imagine where all the athletes would be with out volunteers. Definetly tagless.

Randy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA!!!

Debbie said...

Hi Rebecca, I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday!!! I tried to reach you yesterday but my internet service was having some kind of a problem. Hope you had a beautiful day. Love ya Deb

Marilyn and Robert said...

Rebecca HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope you had a wonderful day love you Aunt Marilyn